09 526 0345
Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Theology (Carey Baptist College)
Graduate Diploma in Applied Theology (Carey Baptist College)
Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Waikato University)
Bachelor of Arts majoring in Sociology (Massey University)
Certificate in Rehabilitation Studies (Massey University)
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member and Chairperson (2011- ) of the Children and Families Executive Team for the Baptist Union of New Zealand
- Reflective Field Education
- Children and Families Reflective Field Education
- Intergenerational Faith Formation
- Theology of Family
Rachel co-ordinates and teaches our Internships and Field Education papers. She oversees study in Children and Family Leadership. Currently Rachel is studying for a Master in Applied Theology with a focus on families and faith formation.
Until the end of 2013 Rachel was working as the Pastor for Family Ministries at Northpoint Baptist Church in New Plymouth and completed her theological studies through Carey as a distance student whilst working in full-time. Prior to this she worked in a Brethren Church and she has been a primary school teacher. She has been heavily involved in all aspects of church leadership – although families and children within the church and community are her special focus.
Current Research Contributions:
- Faith in the Under 5’s: How do the practices of Baptist Churches contribute to the faith formation of pre-schoolers? (Carey Graduate School conference paper 2015)
Roche, Rachel. “Rachel.” A Grip on Grief – Youth face to face with loss.
Edited by Elsa McInnes. Auckland: Castle Publishing, 2001.