NZ Baptist Archives Catalogue
Use this link to access the Carey Baptist College Library catalogue which includes the on-line catalogue of the NZ Baptist Archive.
Getting the best from our catalogue
The search limiter is 300, so if you get 300 results- refine your search or you may miss relevant items.
A Basic search searches the whole Library catalogue (and works well for single words).
- Type what you are looking for in the search box ‘Enter your search here…’
- Select the right facing arrow button (circled in navy above) to run your search.
To See More Detail on an Item
After you have run your search
- Hover your curser over the item or
- Select it.
To Run Another Search
- Select anywhere in the Search Box.
To Search only in the Archives Collection
- Select from the drop down arrow to the left of ‘Basic search’ (circled in navy above).
- Select ‘Advanced search’ from the drop down list.
- On the left hand side you will see a box for ‘Types’
- Use the scroll bar (circled in navy above)
- Scroll down until you see ‘Manuscript’
- Select ‘Manuscript’
Now add your search term(s) in the usual way (in box that says ‘Enter your search here’)
A Search Example using advanced search
In the example above I added ‘Petone’, i.e. Petone Baptist.
If I want to see all records I’d:
- Select the ‘enter’ key on my keyboard or
- Select the right facing arrow button.
However, if I wanted to see just one of the items on the drop down list, then I’d select that item and then run my search.