Programme Developer – Ministry Training for New Migrant Leaders
In Aotearoa New Zealand, there are many passionate churches and congregations made up of migrants worshiping in their own language and in a style that reflects their cultural background.
These include Samoan, Chinese, Korean, Indian, Russian and Cambodian fellowships.
At Carey we wish to serve the leadership of these churches in pastoral and theological training.
We are looking for a Programme Developer to develop a bespoke Ministry Training Programme for new migrant Church leaders. Are you the right person to coordinate this training?
To develop a Ministry Training Programme for new migrant Church leaders
- Non NZQA
- A simple-English programme designed specifically to be welcoming to immigrants
- Designed to encourage some into training who would not otherwise undertake it
- Have a strong evangelistic focus
- Designed as a bridge for some into more formal training
- Recognised by a Carey Cert/Diploma on completion
- Held at Carey
- Carey faculty members involved
- Other teaching partners recruited
- Launching start of 2017
- Curriculum developed for 2017 launch programme.
- Communications developed for stakeholders (including Programme prospectus).
- Development of a scoping document/plan addressing the framework and resourcing needed to meet the long-term vision for the Programme.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Relating – ability to relate well with people of other cultures; able to gain their confidence and hear their perspectives. Proven ability to build bridges of understanding and co-operation among diverse groups.
- Vision – for healthy churches amongst immigrant communities in NZ; for the development of Christian leaders in those communities; for better relationships and partnership between minority culture Christians and the wider NZ Church.
- Educational understanding and skills (not only content knowledge but awareness of how learning works), and ability to relate these to developing programmes for ESL students.
- Experience in Christian ministry/leadership training.
- Ability to produce course materials.
- Alignment with Carey/Baptist Churches of NZ ethos and convictions.
- Initiative and adaptability.
If you are interested in applying and to find out more please contact Jonny Weir, Director of Ministry Training in the first instance:
Email: [email protected]
Mob: 021 245 2775
Or contact the main Carey reception 0800 773 776