Certificate in Intercultural Practice: Full Time (1 Year)
Diploma in Intercultural Practice: Full Time (2 years)
The Carey Mission Track aims to provide learning and formation that will shape and equip followers of Jesus to participate in God’s mission in The Certificate & Diploma in Intercultural Practice aim to nurture and equip men and women to walk and work with God in mission in our rapidly changing world. Participants will cultivate missional spirituality, intercultural skills, global awareness and transnational connectivity as they seek to understand God, the world and the gospel, study aspects of Christian mission, and experience contemporary mission contexts.
- Mission Track students complete one of Carey’s undergraduate or postgraduate qualifications in Applied Theology
- All of Carey’s Applied Theology programme is relevant to understanding and participating in mission, but courses with a particular mission focus include: Mission of God, Issues in Contemporary Mission, Acts: A Missional Readings, Theology and Development, Church and Mission in Multicultural Contexts, Understanding and Interrogating Culture, Reaching Your Communities and Reflective Field Education (Cross Cultural)
- Formation, learning and support in a mission-oriented peer group
- Intercultural experience and coaching
- Frequent contact with mission practitioners and agencies