Youth Pastoral Training
(Diploma of Pastoral Leadership – Youth Specialised)
Full Time (3 years)
The Youth Pastoral Leadership training programme develops leaders who have the skills, theological education and spiritual commitment for ministry to youth in any cultural setting. Through classroom and practical training, peer-group and coaching, YPL provides participants with the theological education, practical skills and spiritual formation to understand God, teen culture, the gospel, and who they are in joining God’s mission to teens.
- Normally students complete a Bachelor of Applied Theology
- Youth ministry courses including Foundations of Youth Ministry, Gospel and Youth.
- Weekly placement within a local youth ministry under the supervision of a youth pastor
- One short term mission trip
- A weekly Pastoral Theology class with experienced practitioners
- Communication training and spiritual/personal development retreats
Youth Ministry Discovery Internship
Carey also offers a one year Youth Ministry Discovery Internship for those students who want to gain foundational knowledge and skills for ministry with youth based at the their home church. More information