Diploma of Applied Theology
National Qualifications Framework (NQF) Level: 6
NQF Credits: 240
Duration: equivalent to 2 years full-time
Regular Intakes: February and July
Modes Available: part-time, full-time, onsite, distance, block courses
Carey’s Diploma of Applied Theology trains people to take part in, understand and apply a wide range of ministries. A student enrolled in the Diploma of Applied Theology will follow a course of study equivalent to two years full-time and gain 240 credits Comprising:
At least 90 credits from courses in Bible & Theology, with a minimum of 15 credits at level 6 or above, and including:
- MB521 Thinking Theologically;
- MB531 Reading and Interpreting the Old Testament
- MB532 Reading and Interpreting the New Testament
At least 120 credits from courses in Mission, Formation & Ministry, including:
A minimum of 90 credits must be completed at level 6 or above.
The programme produces graduates who:
- Are able to use the core tools of theology to understand and evaluate other disciplines and their own experience.
- Can examine current practice, applying learning to a variety of contexts.
- Can handle documents of Christian faith with wisdom and discernment.
- Have developed self-awareness in relation to their spiritual journey.
- Listen to others’ views, and have a world perspective.
- Can communicate across cultural boundaries.
- Have developed the knowledge, attitudes, and skills to serve in a secular world.
- Integrate learning in determining personal action.
PROGRAMME & ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Admission to the Diploma of Applied Theology is open to full-time students and part-time students. See the Admission Regulations for full details.
TRANSFER FROM OTHER PROGRAMMES
Students who have completed courses at other institutions may be eligible for cross-credits or recognition of current competency.