Flexible Study Options
We aim to offer study options that are as accessible to you as possible! Our individual courses are available by a variety of delivery modes. Students are encouraged to choose a combination of delivery modes to best suit their particular needs.
- On-Site Classes – Courses are offered at our campus in Penrose (Auckland) timetabled in weekly 3-hour classes lasting through the 12-week teaching semester. Some of these courses each semester are taught as Evening Classes making them accessible for students in full-time employment.
- Distance Courses – Most courses are also available by distance learning. This means that students can be located anywhere in New Zealand (or beyond!) but still study through Carey. Distance courses operate through CareyOnline, Carey’s internet based learning management system, using a mix of written resources, class videos and online tutorials and interaction.
- Block Courses – Each year a number of courses are offered using intensive blocks of teaching. These are normally held at the Auckland campus and operate over four, five or six days in either one or two blocks. In addition to attending the teaching blocks, students complete extra reading and assessments over the semester.
- Reflective Field Education – A number of courses are practical based field education courses. The requirements of these courses are completed in the student’s local place of ministry under the guidance of a nominated supervisor, along with on-line interaction with Carey’s Coordinator of Field Education.
- Full-Time and Part-Time Study – You can study towards any Carey qualification as either a full-time or part-time student.