Support while you Study
Academic support is available for all students in a number of ways:
- Library and academic skills workshops are held each semester over the first few weeks, targeted specifically at new students, aiming to ensure familiarity with how to make best use of the library and understand academic expectations.
- A Student Association member coordinates student peer support – helping with general academic skills and proof reading
- Other members of the wider Carey staff team are available for additional one-on-one assistance with academic writing
- Academic staff are always willing to talk about expectations around assessment tasks in their assignments
- Helpful Academic Resources are available on the CareyOnline front page
PASIFIKA SUPPORT & LIAISON
Carey is keen to ensure that Māori and Pasifika students find a learning environment in which they can flourish. In addition to the general support listed above, Carey also employs a staff member specifically to support Māori and Pasifika students.