Certificate of Applied Theology
National Qualifications Framework (NQF) Level: 5
NQF Credits: 120
Duration: equivalent to 1 year full-time
Regular Intakes: February and July
Modes Available: onsite, distance, part-time, full-time, block courses
Carey’s Certificate of Applied Theology introduces biblical and theological study through an ‘applied’ lens. It is ideal for those pursuing study for personal interest, or for those studying part-time who want a qualification that can be upgraded in the future.
A student enrolled in the Certificate in Applied Theology will follow a course of study equivalent to one year full-time and gain 120 credits, Comprising:
- MB531 Reading and Interpreting the Old Testament OR
- MB532 Reading and Interpreting the New Testament
At least 75 credits must be completed at level 5 or above.
The programme produces graduates who:
- Understand the core tools of theology that are used to evaluate other disciplines and their own experience.
- Have the skills to handle documents of Christian faith.
- Have a developing self-awareness in relation to their spiritual journey.
- Have developed practical skills for ministry.
- Integrate learning in determining personal action.
PROGRAMME & ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Students studying towards the Certificate of Applied Theology must complete their studies within four years.
Admission to the Certificate in Applied Theology is open to full-time students and part-time students. See the Admission Regulations for full details.
TRANSFER FROM OTHER PROGRAMMES
Students who have completed courses at other institutions may be eligible for cross-credits or recognition of current competency.