Children and Family
(Certificate In Child and Family Leadership)
Part Time (2 years)
This programme seeks to equip students to be thoughtful reflective practitioners who integrate head, heart and hand in the service of God. The programme is based on the reading–action–reflection model of internship that strives for a mutual enrichment of study and ministry to shape gracious and imaginative servants who will embody redemptive Christian leadership in their communities.
- Four courses out of the Certificate of Applied Theology: Field Education 1, Field Education 2, Children’s Ministry, and Family in NZ Society
- Weekly ministry praxis in the student’s setting
- Fortnightly meetings with an experienced supervisor
- Evaluation, feedback and support from the Field Education Coordinator
- Regular online reflection with other students on ministry
Carey also offers a rigorous internship programme enabling people to train within their own ministry context. This is available on-site or by distance, full-time or part-time.