Applied Theology | Undergraduate Programme
Carey’s undergraduate study programmes are designed to:
- provide tertiary education of international standard in biblical, theological and historical disciplines, based on original research and up-to-date scholarship
- train students in the application of theological scholarship to practical ministry in Aotearoa New Zealand through innovative methods in delivery and assessment,
- provide a study programme alongside training people for effective leadership and participation in ministry areas furthering the mission of the church in our society and world
- serve Baptist and other churches in New Zealand in their on-going educational requirement for mission.
Four study options sit within the broad structure of the Bachelor of Applied Theology degree, providing:
- opportunity for students to enter study at various levels
- multiple study pathways
- a number of exit points for students.
- a single curriculum with four qualifications
The Certificate of Applied Theology (Level 5 – 120 credits) is for those desiring an initial theological qualification, those pursuing study for personal interest, or for those studying part-time and desiring an obtainable qualification that can be upgraded in the future. Full-time/Part-time
The Diploma of Applied Theology (Level 6 – 240 credits) aims to equip people for participation in, and understanding and application of, a wide range of ministry areas furthering the mission of the church in our society and world. Full-time/Part-time
The Bachelor of Applied Theology (Level 7 – 360 credits) aims to equip people for effective leadership and participation in a wide range of ministry areas, furthering the mission of the church in our society and world. Full-time/Part-time
The Graduate Diploma of Applied Theology (Level 7 – 120 credits) provides an academic programme for those who already have an existing undergraduate qualification who wish to obtain an initial theological qualification, or who wish to study for personal interest, or who wish to gain entry to postgraduate theological study. Full-time/Part-time